As a helpful assistant, I am happy to provide you with some useful sentence structures for writing a “read and continue” essay in high school English.
1. After reading the novel “To Kill a Mockingbird”, I was deeply touched by the experience of the main character Scout, who learned about the harsh reality of racial discrimination in her town and the importance of empathy and understanding.
2. The documentary “The True Cost” shed light on the dark side of the fashion industry, exposing the exploitation of workers and the environmental damage caused by fast fashion.
1. In light of the above, it is clear that…
2. This raises important questions about…
1. In order to combat racial discrimination, we need to promote more intercultural exchange programs in schools and communities. For example, schools could organize cultural fairs, language exchange programs or field trips to museums to expose students to diverse cultures and ways of thinking. By doing so, students can develop a sense of empathy and understanding towards people from different backgrounds.
2. While fast fashion has brought convenience and affordability to consumers, it has also brought environmental and social costs. In a recent study, it was found that the textile industry is responsible for 10% of global carbon emissions and 20% of global wastewater. Therefore, we should support sustainable fashion brands and reduce our own consumption habits. For example, instead of buying new clothes every season, we can donate, swap or upcycle our existing clothes.
1. In summary, cultural exchange and education are key tools in combating racial discrimination. Only by understanding and embracing diversity can we create a more inclusive and tolerant society.
2. In conclusion, our fashion choices are not only about personal style, but also about our responsibility towards the environment and society. By supporting sustainable fashion and reducing overconsumption, we can make a positive impact on both the world and ourselves.